Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default unformat a closed script on cd

You should never work on removable media. Corrupt documents are a frequent
consequence. Your best solution is to copy the file from the CD to the hard
drive and then work on it from there. It may be possible to use the recover
any text from file open option.

Miron Lovric wrote:
I'm writing a manuscript in Microsoft Word. It is burnt on a cd, the
computer closed the cd on me and I can't seem to retrieve the script
of 6,429 kilobytes. It keeps giving me the message you need the
import converter to open the cd because the feature is currently not
available in your program. I had two, one opened after lot of
playing around but the second and the biggest one is troublesome. I
need to retrieve
the Word file and copy it to the hard drive.