Qreg

MathType (an extension to Word's built-in Equation Editor) might be of
some help to you. Since we use that at my Uni, problems with Equations
have dropped considerably.

I'm now started the trial period for MathType 5.2 and if it helps then I'll
upgrade.

I recall a rather short document in Word 97 (you seem to be rather
reluctant to name the version _you_ are using ...)

Sorry for that, I use word 2003.

to recreate way too many of those objects time and again (and after
editing like 5, I had to save, close and reopen the document anyway if I
wanted to edit another one ...).

Well in my case it is not so drastic, but word slows noticeably (even with
768 MB of Ram onboard).

I don't want to advocate LaTeX since I've never sensibly used it myself,
but for documents with a lot of equations, I'd seriously consider it.

I wanted to write it in LaTeX, but the problem there is that not everybody
can edit LaTeX documents (more knowledge is needed) and the main issue is
that my Profesor uses don't know it.

When you use a standard LaTeX package, you lose a lot of flexibility
(unless you _really_ go deep into the specs) for the price of a decent
layout.

Yeah, You can always tell when a document was writen with LaTeX from its
looks But I think that Word offers decent trade-off between the ease of
use and the quality of documents.

So for now I'll evaluate MathType and stick to Word Heretic's advices on
working with Master Documents, and in the mean time still look for better
solutions.

--
Wojtek Kurek