Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
joc joc is offline

Default can't delete icons from lower left of screen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

These icons are on the horizontal scroll bar. You can turn off display of
the scroll bar on the View tab of Tools | Options, but there must be
something wrong with your display because ordinarily the horizontal scroll
bar does not interfere with view of the status bar. If you are view Word in
a Normal (restored) window, could it be that the bottom of the window is
below the edge of your screen? Do you see anything else on the status bar
(REC, TRK, EXT, OVR, etc.)?

http://word.mvps.org

"joc" wrote in message
There are 4 icons in lower left hand corner of my screen. Normal view,
outline view, print view and read view. I can't find a way to delete
them.
They cover up the standard page number displayed in that position. I have
Word 2003.