Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angharad Angharad is offline

Default How to automatically apply different style to text before printin.

In the office I used to work in, we used color for those fields, and then
always printed the letters in black-and-white. It may not be the most elegant
solution, nor am I any kind of expert, but it was an effective stopgap
measure.

"Alitaki" wrote:

I am creating a letter template that involves getting the user to replace
certain text with their own input e.g. for [Employee Name], they enter the
employee's name.
So that the text stands out from the rest it will either be in bold or
italics. However, when the user prints out the letter, I want the replacement
text to print out as regular text, not bold or italics. I thought of using a
macro which changes the style of the text before printing, but haven't been
able to find one that does this so far. I don't want to use form fields, as
all the text in the letter should be updatable not just the bolded or
italicized text.