Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson W. Watson is offline

Default Word Office 2003 Slow to Appear

I just opened your post, and immediately started chuckling. It looks like
you hit the nail on the head. I happened to see the window shell opening,
and noticed NAV was virus scanning the doc file. Good grief! This was not a
doc from an e-mail. I fired up NAV, and it failed. I got a msg that I should
remove it and re-install it. I decided to just remove it. Word comes up
faster now, but it's still a little sluggish.

Yep, I attempted a defrag about 5 weeks ago, and was told I didn't need it
by the s/w. I had done it maybe 4 months ago.

I'm headed for the next posts, and will undoubtedly be back.

Kate G. wrote:
Are you using Norton Antivirus? If so -- that is probably your problem.

another thought.... have you defragged lately?

--
Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

Web Page: speckledwithStars.net