Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Why won't my folders in Word open?

If you have Automatic Updates set for full auto, downgrade it to semi-auto
("Notify me but don't automatically download or install them."). Then you
can keep refusing the update, or you can choose "No, and don't show me this
one again," but when the new one is available tomorrow you'll need to check
"Offer updates again that I've previously hidden."

"Eric" wrote in message
Thanks, that worked great. How do I keep it from re-installing. Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs. Find the hotfix and uninstall. In
Windows XP, you have to check the box for "Show updates" to ensure that

it
is listed.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Eric" wrote in message
How does one uninstall the update?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In that case you may have no recourse (for the time being) but to

uninstall
the update.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sheila" wrote in message
I was certain that your suggestion would work as we have recently

bought a
new HP photosmart printer but unfortunately I still have the same

problem,
so
back to the drawing board.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in Windows
Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update
MS06-015".

Sheila wrote:

When in Word and Exel I can't open any sub-folders storing

previously
saved
documents. I can only open documents saved directly to the My
Documents
folder. I can only open the sub-folders direct from Windows

Explorer
which
doesn't help when I am trying to save a file.