Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

Default Office Standard 2007 Military Appreciation edition

This posting is directed to anyone using Office Standard 2007 MAE, or to
anyone using Office Standard 2003 MAE.

I recently learned that MS offers an Office Standard 2007 Military
Appreciation Edition (MAE), at a substantial discount over OS 2007 (The suite
was a recently advertised item at my local U.S. Navy Exchange.) As a vet, I
qualify for MEA. The MEA suite is a complete OS 2007 suite, however, I am
concerned about the EULA.
It prohibits the use of the suite for commercial, government, or non-profit
usages.

Aside from the personal joy that I receive from having genuine MS installed
on my home cpu, I also need to bring work home from the office, or I need to
initiate work related documents (commercial proposals, etc.) from home.

My questions are-
If I install MAE, will I encounter compatability issues with a corporate
licensed edition?
Will a home created document become corrupted at the office, or vice-versa?
Will the creation of a corporate document on my home PC, place my company
into a potentially illegal positon?

If this occurs, or if I open my company to litigation for violating the EULA
then the suite is not a bargain.

Any comments would be appreciated.

--
Tom Conrad