Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
fofficecommunityk fofficecommunityk is offline

Default Formatting- I think

Thanks, Jay. I appreciate the prompt reply, and the link which was helpful.

The article did state:

Even when the amount of text is very large, there is no really good
alternative to manual editing. But if you Paste Special as Unformatted Text
and run AutoFormat, you may find that Word is almost as clever as you are at
finding where a paragraph ends.

Jay, do you think that it is possible to come up with a "universal" auto
format? Or are there just too many features in word processing for that? It
sure would be nice to just highlight and then hit a key, and all text is from
margin to margin without lines being drop or shortened.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

fofficecommunityk wrote:
After pasting text into word, the lines were only about 5 words long;
auto format and margin setting did nothing neither did clear
formatting. I can go to the end of each line, hit delete and pull up
the next line. But that would take much time. Is there a more
efficient way?

Thanks-

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm.

--