Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word 2007 - Header / Footer. Different first page won't function

If content is added automatically, there must be some kind of field in
the first page header. Deleting that field should fix the problem. This
task will be easier if you display field codes (Alt+F9 acts as a
toggle).

Note also that if you have multiple sections, the default is for the
headers to be linked, meaning that if you do want a first page header in
the following section, you must unlink its first page header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Inge Sqz" wrote in message
Hello

I keep activating the Different first page option in Header/Footer

edit
menu, and after that press Save and Close. This works just fine until

next
time i try to print my document. Word updates all my references and

this
options disappear. Now header footer is back on first page.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any Office update available for this?