Brenda Rueter

Insertions: Underline
Formatting: none
Color: Custom

Inserted text appears underlined and in red but it does not generate a
balloon. Deletions and formatting changes do generate a balloon, as I have
discovered since sending out the previous message. Is there a way to get
insertions to also use a balloon? I note that hovering over inserted text
brings up a "comment" of sorts, like you might see in Excel.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What formatting is defined for deletions and insertions?

so
all may benefit.

"Brenda Rueter" wrote in message
Word 2002

The track changes tab in options is set to show balloons. However, all

get is a vertical line along side the left margin. How do I get

balloons
appear? TIA!