Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Possible to make different column-widths in same table?

Yes, column widths in a table can certainly be adjusted (tables would be
pretty much useless if they couldn't). How it's done depends to some extent
on your version of Word, but the simplest way in most versions is just to
drag the column dividers (borders, gridlines) or the markers on the ruler.
For some other ways of doing this, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Larryq22" wrote in message
I need to create a table for multiple-choice survey questions. Is it
possible to have a wide column for the question, and narrower columns for
the
response choices under it? For example:

Row 1. "Are you registered as a Democrat or a Republican?"
Row 2. Democrat
Row 3. Republican

I would like Row 1 to be wide enough for the entire question, but rows 2 &
3
to be narrower to fit the responses. Maybe I need to create a table
within a
table?

Thanks,
Larry