Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Is full justification available in Microsoft Word 2003 or 2007

You can use the Distribute command in Word as well (Ctrl+Shift+J), but the
result is that the last line of a paragraph is also justified.

"ancientseeker" wrote in message
Thanks to all of you, Tom, Doug, Graham, and Dean for helping me with
this.
From you I learned that Word does not cut it. Fortunately I also learned
that Publisher does cut it! I discovered Publisher on my computer, where
it
has been since the beginning, but I had never used it since I did not know
what it could do. You told me. Now I am using Publisher to publish my
newsletter. It actually has two different justification schemes, one it
calls
"justified" and one it calls "distributed". Neither is really what I call
100%, but "distributed" is at least 95% and that is plenty good enough for
the job! So, thanks again.

"DeanH" wrote:

Look under Format, Paragraph, Alignment, choose Justified.
Hyphenation is under Tools, Language, Hyphenation.
Try the Word Help for further information. That is the limit of Word's
built-in justification capabilites, if you require further exactitude you
probably need a publishing package, maybe Publisher?
Hope this helps
DeanH

"ancientseeker" wrote:

"Full Justification" is a typographical standard which results in all
lines
having exactly the same length. For a definition, see for instance
Wikipedia.
I have Word 2003 and I cannot find how to produce full justification.
There
are actually two kinds: (1) without hyphenation of some of the words at
the
ends of the lines, and (2) with hyphenation. The second kind is capable
of
producing essentially perfect justification. It is used in TeX, LaTex,
and
all good newspapers. There are no ragged edges on the right side at
all!