Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Brown Gary Brown is offline

Default Index new words

Thanks for such a quick answer, Jay.
I was hoping that I wouldn't have to re-mark all words. I was hoping that
there is some function for not re-creating all new indexes.
No luck, huh?
Thanks again.
Sincerely,
Gary Brown

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Gary Brown" gary"DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail wrote:
Word 2003:
I have created a document and marked all the words I want in the
index by using Alt+Shift+X.
I have now been requested to add more information to this document.
Is there a way for new information to be automatically added to the
index? For example, if I have already marked the word "Hello" and
now add "Hello" to the new information on a new page, is there an
easy way of including the new "Hello" in the index without
're-defining' it?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Sincerely,
Gary Brown

Just mark the new word (which adds an XE field at that point, which you'll
see if you have Hidden text displayed). Then right-click the index and
choose Update Field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman