Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sniper Sniper is offline

Default Cursor jumps while typing in Word 2007 Vista

Soundchick's solution worked for me. And it DOESN'T disable the touchpad. I
don't have an external mouse so that would have been disasterous. What it
does is, for the microseconds around the time you press a key, the pad is
temporarily disabled. Stop typing and you can use the pad immediately. You
certainly won't notice any lag.

Yes, I too await an official VISTA solution but the workaround works
seemlessly and I don't even notice it's there.

"Curious" wrote:

These solutions are good if you are willing to disable the touch pad. But
what about those of us who rely on using it? Is there a setting to lower the
sensitivity of the touch pad? Any other way to address this that a MVP knows
of?
Thanks.