Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nicole Knapp Nicole Knapp is offline

Default Mergefields, IF statements and section breaks

I have read this entire thread with interest because I am trying to do
something similar, though more simple.

I have a document that uses a mail merge. I created the IF statement, with
the INSERTTEXT field and a next page break. But it will not open the file.

The file is buried pretty deep on a network server - but in the same folder
as the original document.
Both documents and folders leading to the documents have spaces in their
filenames. I tried replacing the spaces with underscores - but no luck.

This is my statement:
{IF {MERGEFIELD course} = €śCourse D€ť "{INCLUDETEXT
"J:\\Dept\\staff\\2009\\letter_Page_3.doc"}" ""}

I am using the letter drive, not the network drive name.
Thanks
Nik