Charles Kenyon

Hi Kathryn,

I wrote the article on the Add Balance site. I may have made assumptions
that you are not making. Sorry. The steps in it work when followed exactly.

You do not want your old template in the user templates folder or the
workgroup templates folder, you want them in the Word startup folder. I
suspect that you have done this. For more on the different kinds of
templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and locations of templates folders
see http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

The macros will not show up in the organizer because you do not have your
template _open_ in the organizer. They will not show up in the vba editor
because you do not have your template open. They run because you have your
template added as an Add-In. To get them available for editing, you need to
actually open the template so that it is visible on your screen. Doing this
will also make the macro modules available in the organizer. Note that
individual macros do not show up in the organizer, only modules.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Kathryn" wrote in message
I have a computer running Word 2000. I have a new computer running Word
2003. I have a couple of Word macros that I need to move to the new
computer. I have already looked through old messages and have looked at
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm but still
cannot figure out how to move the macros to my new computer. When I open
Word 2000, my computer does not behave the way that it should according to
the addbalance site. Using the Organizer button doesn't show my macros;
using the VBA Editor doesnt' show any macros either, yet they are there
and
run when I use them.

I have tried to simply copy the .dot file over to the new computer but I
put
it in the subdirectory that Word looks in for templates but it does not
see
it there.

Any help?