Make sure you are saving the file to the folder specified for "User
templates" on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options.

"Kathryn" wrote in message
I have a computer running Word 2000. I have a new computer running Word
2003. I have a couple of Word macros that I need to move to the new
computer. I have already looked through old messages and have looked at
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm but still
cannot figure out how to move the macros to my new computer. When I open
Word 2000, my computer does not behave the way that it should according to
the addbalance site. Using the Organizer button doesn't show my macros;
using the VBA Editor doesnt' show any macros either, yet they are there

and
run when I use them.

I have tried to simply copy the .dot file over to the new computer but I

put
it in the subdirectory that Word looks in for templates but it does not

see
it there.

Any help?