WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Cannot Copy and Paste Table within Word 2007

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble copying and pasting tables in Word 2007. It sounds like the table layout is disappearing when you try to paste it in a new location. Let's see if we can fix that.
  1. First, let's try a different method of copying and pasting the table. Instead of using the table move handle, try selecting the entire table by clicking and dragging your mouse over it. Once the table is selected, press CTRL+C to copy it.
  2. Next, place your cursor where you want to paste the table. Instead of pressing CTRL+V to paste, try right-clicking and selecting "Paste" from the context menu. In the submenu that appears, make sure to select "Keep Source Formatting" or "Merge Formatting" (depending on your preference) instead of "Keep Text Only."
  3. If that doesn't work, it's possible that there is a formatting issue with the original table that is causing it to "fall apart" when pasted. In that case, you can try copying and pasting the table as plain text. To do this, select the table and press CTRL+C to copy it. Then, right-click where you want to paste the table and select "Paste Special" from the context menu. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, select "Unformatted Text" and click "OK."

I hope one of these solutions works for you! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.