Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Can I set up verticle "sections" in word, I want thin side colum?

Possibly what you want is a table? Or see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm

"Greg Upham" Greg wrote in message
I want to set up three columns in MS Word. In the past, when I have done
this, the "flow" of inputs starts at the left, continues down the page

untill
it must go to the middle. I want to set up independent columns on this
template that would enable me to input information in the side columns

only
when necessary. I am using these side columns for referencing to other
documents. Any suggestions?