Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default How do I delete a section break completely?

Just sticking my nose in to interject another point that hasn't yet been
mentioned - so please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong ...

AFAIK, any Break - regardless of type - *breaks* the line at that point. IOW
you can't have a text stringBreaktext string on a single line. No more
content can be on the same line following the Break.

The OP's description indicates that he is seeing this happen ("When I move
the cursor a couple of
characters, the document recognizes the section as 'section 2'."), which
suggests to me that he/she may be dealing with a corrupt document. That
seems to be even more likely due to the number of sections & the ? as to
what else might have been done in such a doc.

Perhaps a "Maggie" is in order???
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"JFL" wrote in message
I'm editing a document that currently has 81 sections. When I tried to
remove the first section by deleting the section break (next page), the
page
break line is gone, but the document still reads as 'section 1' when I
place
the cursor in front of the first word. When I move the cursor a couple of
characters, the document recognizes the section as 'section 2'. How do I
remove the first section to make the old 'section 2' the new 'section 1'
and
have the old 'section 3' become the new 'section 2', and so on?

Thank You!