Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default "Go to" doesn't show new location of cursor

Thanks for the suggestions... but I can't make the screen update correctly no
matter how many things I add. I also tried Application.ScreenRefresh, but no
luck. I actually have to manually scroll to find the cursor.

Klaus Linke wrote:
Klaus-- Word 2003, Windows XP. I have several routines that would leave
the

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
original location
End Sub

Yes, that's annoying!! As far as I remember older versions, that behaviour
got worse in recent years.
It happens quite often now that after something I do -- like your toggling
"show field codes", or toggling between Outline and Layout and Normal view,
or other things -- I suddenly I don't see the text I was working on.
My usual (non-macro) way to deal with it is to use Shift+Right, Shift+Left
to bring the Selection into view again.

In your macro, you could use the work-around from my last post, and as long
as your macro doesn't mess with the Selection, you don't need the bookmark:

Sub TestGotoBM2()
ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = Not ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes
ActiveWindow.ScrollIntoView Selection.Range
End Sub

Regards,
Klaus

--