Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to limit text height entered into a Legacy Form Text Form Field

Although you can limit the number of characters as Terry suggests, an
approach often used by form designers is to place the form field in a table
cell with preferred column width (auto resizing disabled) and exact row
height. Although users can enter more than can be displayed or printed, they
will usually get the message when their text starts disappearing.

http://word.mvps.org

"corelli" wrote in message

Hi folks
Hopefully someone can help me here as Ive spent hours looking on the
web for an answer
I have created a form which is protected, so people can only see the
form and then enter text into Text Form Fields. When I type into this
field, the text wraps around before it reaches the end (width) of the
box but not the height! How do I limit the text so that the number of
lines typed in is only as much as is visible within the box? (height)?
thanks

corelli