Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Spellchecker not checking documents??

Select all the text in a document and go to Tools | Language | Set Language.
Make sure that the correct language is selected and that "Do not check
spelling or grammar" is not checked. Then click the Default... button to
make this the default for new documents. If you continue to experience
problems, make sure that the language set in Windows (Regional Options) is
the same as that selected for Word/Office; see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

"Suzy1978" wrote in message
My parents recently purchased a new PC with Word 2003. I have been trying
for ages to work out why the spellchecker is not working wondered if

someone
could help.

I have checked all the usual settings and they are all ok - they are

exactly
the same as on my PC. However no matter what you spell or how the
spellchecker reports no errors. I have checked the thesaurus and that is
working ok. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Word to no avail.

Thing is if you create a document on their PC and transfer it to any other
machine the spelling will not work for that document ont he other machine
either???

I have never seen this before and I am lost as to what to try next.