Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mailmerge and forms

Mailmerge and protected form fields are mutually exclusive - as you have
discovered.

EB21 wrote:
I have created a form letter with form fields and merge fields. When
I protect the form I am unable to edit form fields once the merge
completes. The information is merging from AMS360 software. If I open
the template in Word we can use the form perfectly without merging
the information. Any suggestions? We would like to use the merged
document to send out, but only have form fields editable.