Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Miranda Gray Miranda Gray is offline

Default Try "refreshing" both applications

You might find it worthwhile to go to the Control Panel in Windows and run Add / Remove Program with the repair option to let your system auto repair.

I find that Word and Excel do trip over each other. So sometimes just letting the system reset solves the issue after I have been beating my head in for ages.

John wrote:

Lost connection between Word & Excel
12-Dec-09

After painstakingly working on a master document with fields linked to an
Excel speadsheet, I lost the data connection between the Word 2007 file and
it is data source in Excel.

The "Mailings" bar is greyed out except for "Select Recipients" as if I was
starting all over.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Dr. Dotnetsky?s Cool .NET Tips & Tricks No. 23
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-cool-net.aspx