Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word2007 bug: won't place picture correctly

Jay has confirmed the bug (something I cannot do since I don't have Word
2007 installed); as I said, it has been reported previously. FWIW, if you're
preparing a *booklet," see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm. The technique for
Word 97 will, I suspect still work in Word 2007 (albeit admittedly more
work).

If you're preparing a *book* (for self-publishing), then the printer will
almost certainly want each page on a separate sheet (even if they're
half-sheet sized). If you're preparing a *manuscript* (to be sent to a
publisher), then layout is not your responsibility.

"Mason C" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:37:22 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"

wrote:

I don't have Word 2007, and I have heard that there are problems with
placement of wrapped graphics in that version, but that doesn't change

the
fact that if you're encountering the same problems with "2 pages per

sheet"
that you did with "Book fold," then you might as well at least be trying

solve them with "Book fold" instead of using a less satisfactory

approach.

Suzanne, I tried *everything* : three printers, different graphics,

various
page layouts -- including Book fold and 2 pages -- .

Please. Don't scold me. I'm weeping already.

Mason C