Doug Robbins

Answered in the other group to which you posted the same question. Please
don't post the same question to multiple newsgroups.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Luis Estevens" wrote in message
Hello

We wrote a few templates for Word documents that we put in a shared folder
in a network computer.

Till here everything ok, and people start using our templates to write
their
documents.

After we changed the location of those templates to another computer, with
other name and other ip the problems started happening.

The old documents build with the old templates opened very slowly(+- 2
minutes), even if they were saved in the local computer. If the computer
is
not connected to network they opened immediatly. It looks like the
computer
were looking around the network to try to find the computer were the old
templates were, and after it realise that the old computer does not exist
open the document.

Anyone have any suggestion, without touching DNS.

Thanks,

Luis Estevens