gman

Jay,

I looked over what you sent and I really cannot figure this out. I mean, I
can't even determine if MacroButton is a menu option. Can you just tell me
exactly how this is created:

{ MACROBUTTON NoMacro [Click here and type name] }

What I want to do seems so simple one would think there has to be a very
intuitive and easy way to create it. It just seems that it would be so easy
have something that works as I describe below to create what I want:

1. Select Template.
2. Select Information Insertion Point on toolbar or under Insert.
3. Place cursor where you want insertion point and description of
information to be inserted. Hit enter.
4. In menu that pops up type the description for insertion point for
information that is to be inserted. Hit enter.
5. Done

I just don't have hours to spend researching how to do these seemingly
simple task. I think that is the case with most average users, which
explains why we get frustrated and never delve much into these Office
Programs. Heck, I can't even figure out how to get Help to show me an index
to search for topics. It's always trying to connect to online Help. Isn't
there an offline Help with the program like there used to be? If so, where
is it, and how do I stop Help from always trying to connect to the internet.

Thanks,

gman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

OK, what you want is a lot simpler than a form. Have a look at the first
part of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

gman wrote:
Thanks, Jay, for the response. I will check out the tutorial links
you suggest.

More specifically, this is what I want to do:

I copied the HTML code from one of my web pages into Word and created
a template. I need to have places in the template where I can insert
information, such a the photo's name before the .jpg extension, the
photo's caption, etc. I would like to have someway of having a
description at each insertion place of what is required and, also, to
have something pop up into which one types what is to be inserted.

The way I have it now is that I just have a description in red color
in the HTML code in the template of what is needed at each insertion
point, but I have to delete all this stuff before (or after) I enter
the information.

Anyway...any suggestions you have would be appreciated.
Thanks,

gman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

gman wrote:
Is there any manner to set up in a template and indicate in the
template places where specific information should be entered?

Thanks.

Start with this tutorial article:

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

If that's what you want, there are more parts:

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and
keep better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--
Regards,