Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wallace

Default Changing Track Changes defaults

Dawn:

I'm almost there --- I have added your macro to my Normal.dot template. But
when I open a new doc "Final Showing Markup" still appears. When I run the
macro the Display for Review window changes to "Final," so the macro is
working, but I seem to be missing that one step that will get the mnacro to
trigger automatically when the active window opens. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Wallace

"Dawn Crosier" wrote:

Yes. You can add an AutoOpen macro which will change the document to
Final form as it opens.

Sub AutoOpen()

'Change Tracked Changes to Final View
With ActiveWindow.View
.ShowRevisionsAndComments = False
.RevisionsView = wdRevisionsViewFinal
End With

End Sub

If you want this to happen with all documents, then add the AutoOpen
macro to your Normal.dot template. If you want it to happen to only
this particular document, then you will need to add it to the This
Document module.

If you have your security levels set to high, then you will need to
adjust your security setting down to medium so you can choose to
enable your macro or not. (This will not be necessary if you save the
macro to your Normal.dot template.)

Hope that helps.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Wallace" wrote in message
In her track changes FAQ Shauna Kelly says "By default, Word shows
my text
using the "Final Showing Markup" setting."

Is it possible to change this setting, and have Track Changes open
in, say,
"Final" rather than "Final Showing Markup."

--
Wallace