Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mailmerge from Access using date fields

In addition to the method that Graham has suggested, you can also use the
Format() function in a query in Access to force the date into the required
format.

Format([Datefield], "d mmm yy")

will convert the contents of the date field to text in the format 12 Sep 61.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Sue" wrote in message
Hi got a simple Access database for client details. One field is date of
birth. When merging it into letters etc, the date of birth comes thro
back
to front. For example, 12 Sept 61, comes thro as 9/12/61, which is the
american way around but can be confusing here. I changed the format on
the
DB to medium date. (12-Sep-61) but still back to front. Can someone
advise
me? PLEASE!! Many thanks..... Sue