Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Annoying sidebar...

Sometimes it's hardest to see something when it's right under your nose.

Go to the specific page that Suzanne cited, and scroll halfway down the page.
You should see the heading "Show Template Help Automatically When Available".
The section includes a screen shot of the Document Properties dialog. It
contains instructions for deleting the _TemplateID custom property.

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 00:38:18 -0600, "silas"
wrote:

Suzanne, I went to that site and did a search through articles back to 2002
and I couldn't find "Template Help". I scrolled through all the headings and
searched the Archives to no avail.

silas

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See the "Template Help" section of
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=480.

"silas" wrote in message
Hi. I created a calendar in Word 2003 using a Microsoft template. Every
time I open the calendar a "Template Help" sidebar opens, squeezing off
about 25% of my screen space. I close the sidebar each time but is there
a way I can stop it from coming up?

Thanks.

silas

--