Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Add 2 spaces to end of sentance?

You could use an If...then...Else field construction

{IF { MERGEFIELD sentence# } "" " { MERGEFIELD sentence# }" "" }

Where there are the required number of spaced between the " and the {
MERGEFIELD

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and Alt+F9
to toggle off their display/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lightjag" wrote in message
I have constructed a number of sentences in excel. Each sentence
represents
a field that I ref in my mail merge doc.

Issue: Depending on the situation some sentences are needed and some are
not, so putting a double space after each field in word, may result in 4
spaces after a sentance if one field/sentence is not needed. When I add
spaces to the sentences in excel, word during the mail merge process
removes/ignors the spaces. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance