Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jon

Default Merge problems between Word 2000 and 2003

I recently upgraded a number of users at our site from Win 2K Pro/Office 2K
to Win XP SP2/Office 2003 Pro. SP2 and the users that have merge docs setup
are having fits. My worst problem is that they bring up the word doc and they
seem to have to re-find the data doc (excel) each time to make things like
the find button work. We solved that problem though not to many peoples
liking because of the extra work but now the formatting for currency is lost.
I found a similar question and resolution directing the person to a third
party help board that explained the fomatting had to be explicitly entered
after the merge field value. This seems like a giant step backwards and a lot
of work that will have to be put into existing merge forms that were working
fine until we "upgraded". Please someone tell me there is a simpler solution
before I get lynched. Thanks, Jon