Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default "Margins outside printable area" error message

Word bases its page layout on what the current printer driver tells
it. Almost all printers reserve an unprintable area at the edges, and
Word obeys that. Most of the time, if you override the warning and
print with zero margins, the printer driver will just ignore any text
or image that falls into the unprintable area. Some drivers may take
other actions, such as shrinking the whole page to fit or (in extreme
cases) causing a blue-screen crash. It seems your driver is one of the
more lenient ones.

To suppress the message, you need to set up a couple of macros. See
Lene Fredborg's answer at
http://help.lockergnome.com/office/S...ict913810.html
for the code, and http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if
needed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:17:57 -0700 (PDT), PRR
wrote:

Occasionally when I remove the margins in Word 2003 (actually, just
set the margins to 0), and then print, I get an error message to the
effect that "The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable
page." I've never had a problem with any of these documents, so this
error message is just a nuisance. Is there any way to disable it?
Also, is there a good reason why I should NOT disable this message,
even if I can?