Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Custom Envelope Dimension Limitation

The simplest plan is to use the next larger standard paper size and make up
the difference with margins. Word relies on the printer driver to fix the
page size and the relationship tends to be poor with custom sizes. Word has
no idea what the physical size of the paper is.

BCB wrote:
I am trying to print an individual label as an envelope (to place on
packages). The label is 4" x 6". When I generate the envelope address
function, I select Options, then in the drop-down box under Envelope
Size, I choose Custom. The default margins I get are 6.38" x 4.49". I
overwrite this with 6" x 4". I then receive an error message
indicating that the smallest length Word will let me select is 6.4".
I do not seem to be able to get around this and when printing the
label as an envelope, the return address is off the page. Is there
any work around for this? I am using an HP LaserJet 2550n. HP states
that this printer can actually print something as small as 5" x 3".