Chappy

Thanks Herb, it works a treat!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Try this, with Use Wildcards enabled.

Find what:[!0-9][0-9]{1,6}[!0-9]

Replace with:leave blank

If your document begins with a number qualified for deletion, then that
number will be missed by the search. All other numbers containing 1 to 6
digits will be deleted.

[!0-9]= Not a number

[0-9]{1,6}=Numbers with 1 to 6 digits

[!0-9]=Not a number

So, basically, it searches for 1 to 6 digit numbers that are brackets by
non-numbers.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"Chappy" wrote in message
Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply. However I am not looking to remove all numbers in
the
document, I am only seeking to remove the range 0-999999. What I want to
keep
in my document is all numbers that contain 7 digits or more. Any numbers
that
contain 6 digits or less I wish to remove.

Example: I wish to remove all numbers such as 1, 14, 399, 6666, 12345,
999999 but if they are 1234567 or 9876543210 then I wish to keep them.

Thanks,

chappy
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Wildcard search for

[0-9]

replace with nothing

will delete all numbers from the document. If you want to remove the
space
also, you would need

[0-9]{1,6}[ ]

replace with nothing.

The square brackets around the space are unnecessary, yoiu can leave them
or
not as you wish.

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

Chappy wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to do a Find and Replace function in MS Word to find
all numbers ranging between 0 and 999999 and to effectively delete
these. Does anyone know how to construct this in the Find and Replace
function?

Thanks in advance. Chaps