Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Default toolbar

Use FileOpen from Word to navigate to the folder you want. Select the
folder but do NOT open the folder.

In the FileOpen dialog, look at the top right: you will see a "Tools" menu.

Open that, and choose the "Add to my places" item.

An icon for the folder will appear in the left column of your FileOpen
dialog and stay there.

That's about as close as you can come to it in current versions of Word.
They took away the ability to save favourite file searches in Word.

You can make a macro to do this, but you have to write it, you can't record
it. It's probably better to create shortcuts to the folders you want and
put them in your Quick Launch bar in Windows.

Cheers

On 28/3/06 8:43 AM, in article
, "MoJR"
wrote:

Currently, I have a toolbar containing macros for opening forms
that I use. I click a button and a form opens. I would like to do the same
for 2 folders I want to access quicker. Is there a way to do this?
thank you,
mojr

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410