Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Whizzer

Default how to formulate an 11x17 document with different columns per

"Whizzer" wrote:

I appreciate your two replies. But, everytime I try to insert a break, it
changes my layout on all of the text and columns previous to my break. What
I am trying to do is start with an 11 x 17 page and use it as FOUR 8 1/2 x
11 pages (that will fold in half to make a two sided 11 x 17 brochure). The
left hand side of the first side of the 11 x 17 should have 2 columns and the
right half side of the 11 x 17 needs to have one column. After I enter text
into the 2 columns on the left half of the 11 x 17 (an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet
actually) I want the right half of the 11 x 17 to only contain one (1) column
so I click my mouse in the upper left hand column of the right half of the 11
x 17 (actually the upper left hand corner of the second 8 1/2 x 11 page) and
click INSERT-BREAK and then I have hit column break, continuous break, page
break, whatever and my cursor always goes down to the next full 11 x 17 page,
(page 2) and screws up the first half columns and spacing of the left half of
the 11 x 17 page THAT i HAVE ALREAD TYPED!.

I'm frustrated. Can I just format four (4) 8 1/2 pages with my text with
each page having its own section and then print all 4 of them together to be
the front and back side of a complete 11 x 17 gwo page document?

Would four (4) 81/2 x 11 be able to be formatted to print to two (2) 11 x 17
sheets and fill both pages to look right and fill up the complete 11 x 17
pages?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

"Whizzer" wrote:

I'm trying to create an 11x17 document printed on both sides. I really need
four (4) 8 1/2x 11 pages put together to make this document. But I want
different amounts of columns on each of the four 8 1/2x 11 pages. For ex. 3
columns on p. 1; 1 column on page 2, and 2 columns on pages 3-4.
If I create an 11 x 17 page for this and go to columns and select 4. Then I
get 4 columns across pages 1-2 while I really want 2 columns on p. 1 and 3
columns on page 2, etc.
Can I create this document from an 11 x 17 template and do this or do I need
to just create four separate 8 1/2 x 11 pages and figure out how to put them
together to make 1 11 x 17 document printed on both sides, front and back?
Please help! Thanks in advance.