Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jim Tortorelli Jim Tortorelli is offline

Default TOC dropping some heading levels

I am working on a series of large documents with appendices. To get the
headings to number the way I wanted, I made Heading 6 the appendix title in
the form

Appendix (X).

With its format based on my chapter level Heading 1,

And headings 7, 8, and 9 formatted into appendix versions of body headings
2, 3, and 4.

When I make a TOC with 2 levels of headings, and assign level 1 and 2 to
headings 6 and 7 manually, it forms correctly, but----if I ever do a full
update, it looses the heading 6 and 7 entries.

I thought it used to work fine this way. Any ideas on how to fix this or
alternatives to get separate appendix numbering?

Thanks,

Jim T