Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default FillIn Merge Field

Use an ASK field instead, and then reference the text of the bookmark that
is assigned to that field.

You might also take a look at the following page of fellow MVP, Greg Maxey's
website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LEC" wrote in message

Hi there -

I have a fill in field that looks like this:

{FILLIN \o "Enter the date of the letter. ie January 1, 2008}

I would like the date value to fill in automatically on page two of the
letter. How do I reference the value in the first fillin on the second
page?

Thanks,

Lorraine

--