Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] Jeff@nospam.fake is offline

Default numbered lists

I installed Word 2002 in my new Windows 7 laptop in addition to the
Office 2007 I had previously installed and noticed something weird when
I create a numbered list as I type.

The way I recall it, when I want to go to next level of numbering I
would press enter, and when the next number in sequence appeared I would
hit tab to move it to the next indented level. Now, when I hit tab, it
does nothing. If I go to the number and hit tab, it deletes the number
and moves the text one level forward. I cannot create a sublevel.

Is there a Word option I am missing? I went to AutoCorrect options and
both autoformat and autoformat as yout type screens and both have
numbered lists selected. Not sure what else to do.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jeff