Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Elizabeth[_3_] Elizabeth[_3_] is offline

Default Search long ocument

In message , Suzanne S. Barnhill
writes
[1] Sorry, I've forgotten the name of the thingy where one sticks buttons
for the thingies one really wants to have easily available. I expect the
proper term will eventually reach the relevant bit of my brain - it
usually does, usually at about 4 a.m.

The word (?) you're looking for is QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).

Bless you, Suzanne. I can sleep easy tonight. If I'm woken up at 4 a.m.
tomorrow morning, I now know it'll probably be because of something
simple, like a dripping tap. My brain thanks you.

[But, I'm making a note that it's the Quick Access Toolbar. Must
remember that.]

--
Elizabeth