Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Fitting Text Precisely onto a Page in MS Word

I agree with Robert that if what you want is a facsimile, you should be
scanning as a graphic, direct to PDF. But see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm for other suggestions.

wrote in message
oups.com...
9/6/06

GOAL:

I've scanned text from an article into MS Word, and would like to
format it so that the amount of text on each page in my Word document
corresponds to that which appeared on the corresponding page of the
scanned article (i.e., no gaps or overuns from one page to the next).
If I can accomplish this, I can then create a PDF file which
corresponds precisely to the original article.

QUESTION:

How do I proportionately space a block of text so that it will fit
neatly -- no gaps or overruns -- on a given page in MS Word?

Thanks,

2privatus