Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] pierre0102@gmail.com is offline

Default INCLUDETEXT field problem witht Word 2007

Hello,

I manage to include text from a text file in my word document with the
following RTF field statement.
However I had to update manually the field (with F9) to update the
field and make the text appear after having oppened the word file.
I was using Word 2003 and everything was fine, but when switching to
word 2007, the text was not loaded anymore even after a field update
(still with F9)...

\pard\ql{\field{\*\fldinst { INCLUDETEXT "C:/data/MyText.txt" \\! \\*
MERGEFORMAT }}}

I am not sure about the use of the switches ... \\! \\* MERGEFORMAT

any ideas ?

Thanks,

PB