Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default Word capitalizes the first letter of new lines

The OP says he doesn't have the AutoCorrect option checked.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Stop pressing Enter at the end of every line. When you press Enter, you
create a new paragraph, and Word, reasonably enough, assumes that the
beginning of a paragraph is the beginning of a sentence, which it
capitalizes if you have the corresponding AutoCorrect Options box checked.

"Randy Gardner" wrote in message
How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy