Klaus Linke

Hi Bob,

Hmm... Professional Word users will tell you to avoid tabs altogether.
Then why should Word offer a special built-in function to delete stuff =
between two tabs?

BTW, you can delete the stuff between the next two tabs with =
Find/Replace, similar to the macro Greg posted:
Edit Replace, check "Match wildcards",
Find what: (^t)[!^13]@(^t)
Replace with: \1\2
You can use the macro recorder to create a macro from this without =
writing a line of code.

If you have a "table" done with tabs, you can also use =
Alt+LeftMouseButton+Drag to select a "column" and delete it.

Greetings,
Klaus

"InOverMyHead" schrieb im Newsbeitrag =
=20
"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob,

You don't really need to select the text to delete it. Here is a =

macro
that finds text between the first and second tabs following the
insertion point and deletes the text while leaving the tabs.

Sub DeleteTextBetweenTabs()
Dim myRange As Range
Set myRange =3D Selection.Range
myRange.End =3D ActiveDocument.Range.End
With myRange.Find
.ClearFormatting
.MatchWildcards =3D True
.Text =3D "^t" & "*" & "^t"
.Execute
myRange.Start =3D myRange.Start + 1
myRange.End =3D myRange.End - 1
myRange.Delete
End With
End Sub

=20
Thanks for the responses! But it sure sounds more complicated than it =

otta
be!!?!! . (And to think that in WordPerfect all I had to do was hit =

one key
for "Select"!!) Let's assume for the moment - just for the sake of =

this
discussion - that I don't do programming, that I am a newbie (note =

newsgroup
name) and I expect the Macro function to simply record keystrokes - =

then
play them back on command. From the responses, may I conclude I'm outa =

luck
on the delete-between-tabs routine, and that this is beyond the =

ability of
Bill's programmers to build into this product?
=20
(In fact, I would use variations of the delete-between-tabs routine =

often,
but each time it would use different from-to points. And I sure don't =

want
to have to write a program for every macro I use.)
=20
Bob