Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Can Word sort a table by column rather than row?

There are two ways to approach this.

1. Use newspaper-style columns instead of a table.

2. Use newspaper-style columns *and* a (single-column) table.

"Campbell1555" wrote in message
I have a multipage list that I need to put into a word table. When I put

it
in, it sorts it alpha by row, not by column. Is there any way to get Word

do this other than manually placing it by column? Any workarounds

suggested?

Thanks for your input.
--
Cynthia