Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Include Chapter numbers and page numbers in TOC

Add the \s "SEQ_field_identifier_here" switch to the TOC field code.
For example, if you fields are { SEQ mychapter }, you would add \s
"mychapter" to the TOC field code. Update the TOC field.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sandals" wrote in message
I am using Information Mapping software format for creating a User

Guide and
I am having problems inserting chapter numbers with the page numbers

in my
Table of Contents. The field code is toc \o "1-4" \h. I have

managed to
include the chapter numbers and page numbers in my Footers by using

seq but
this does not work for the TOC