Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default Word should always display current page number on screen

If you have background repagination switched off (under Tools Options
General), Word doesn't know what page you are on in Normal View until you
explicitly repaginate (by printing perhaps). If you want to see the correct
page numbers, switch backgrould repagination on.

--
H}
"FrustratedofWeybridge"
wrote in message ...
I find it extremely inconvenient that you cannot see the current page

number
and total number of pages in normal screen view in Office 2003. This is
information that I look at all the time, as I am often trying to keep my
documents within a page limit.

Microsoft should not remove important information from the screen in new
releases of applications without providing an option for the user to
reinstate them.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=a2eba5d2-85
87-4180-bfc1-e8f8e116ed07&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagemen t