Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lynda[_2_] Lynda[_2_] is offline

Default Number problem in Mail Merge field

I have an Access database query that computes a student's class rank in
deciles. This works fine in Access, but when I merge it in a Word Document,
Word changes the decile. For example, I have computed a decile of 4 for a
student, but Word displays it as a 10. When I look at the underlying record
source in Word, it shows the 4 as a 10 in the Access field.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Why doesn't Word see the real
number?